Advanced searching

Is it possible to turn off case sensitivity for searching? what about searching with a wildcard? it would be great to be able to search for *@domain.com* on a user.email search, or not have to worry about making sure our customer success team members are getting the exact capitalization for users emails from our users on support tickets. I’ve read the docs page here https://docs.sentry.io/product/search/ and it doesn’t mention either.

1 Like

We’ll be supporting more flexible search in an upcoming launch, which should allow for case insensitivity and partial matches. We’ll have more details when we actually confirm what it’ll include and when it will be available, but likely before January.

Excellent news, thanks zeeg

Nice to hear it!) It will be good if you also add exludes for search) (in case if i want to find all crash with stacktrace1 without stacktrace2)

Any updates on this? Still waiting for a partial search which would help immensely when searching on URLs / paths.

2 Likes

I hope to be able to use this to search/filter events based on URL wildcards - my.app.com/edituser/id*