Click House giving permission errors

I`m trying to deploy the sentry onpremise with the install.sh script that is found in github and click house container Is giving this error in the logs

1. Poco::Exception::Exception(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator > const&, int) @ 0x105351b0 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  2. ? @ 0xdefbd83 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  3. DB::ConfigProcessor::loadConfig(bool) @ 0xdef9e97 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  4. BaseDaemon::reloadConfiguration() @ 0x9157010 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  5. BaseDaemon::initialize(Poco::Util::Application&) @ 0x91597d2 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  6. DB::Server::initialize(Poco::Util::Application&) @ 0x8f96458 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  7. Poco::Util::Application::run() @ 0x10457659 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  8. DB::Server::run() @ 0x8f96045 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  9. mainEntryClickHouseServer(int, char**) @ 0x8f8ce23 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  10. main @ 0x8ee8799 in /usr/bin/clickhouse
  11. __libc_start_main @ 0x21b97 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.27.so
  12. _start @ 0x8ee802e in /usr/bin/clickhouse
    (version 20.3.9.70 (official build))
    Processing configuration file ‘/etc/clickhouse-server/config.xml’.
    Merging configuration file ‘/etc/clickhouse-server/config.d/docker_related_config.xml’.
    Merging configuration file ‘/etc/clickhouse-server/config.d/sentry.xml’.
    Poco::Exception. Code: 1000, e.code() = 0, e.displayText() = Exception: Failed to merge config with ‘/etc/clickhouse-server/config.d/sentry.xml’: Access to file denied: /etc/clickhouse-server/config.d/sentry.xml, Stack trace (when copying this message, always include the lines below):

The end. :sweat_smile:

This looks like a permission error on the host to me. Guessing the file permissions are too limited and the user inside the Clickhouse container is not allowed to read this file. I recommend giving read permission to everyone for this file and trying again.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.