Custom or Additional Interfaces

I believe this is a multipart question:

1. Is it possible to add custom interfaces to Sentry such that I can report more structured data and get some hooks into UI elements for interfaces that are specific to my use cases? This would be for an on-premises Sentry instance.

2. Is there a path to requesting new interfaces as part of Sentry’s built-in ones? Specifically I’d like an RPC interface that mirrors the HTTP interface but specifically catered to RPC based information; it’d have some similarities to HTTP, but also differences.

3. In the meantime while 1 and 2 are either unknown or unavailable, are there best practices on reporting structured data to Sentry that isn’t one of the existing interfaces? I found the contexts interface, is that appropriate? Or is the extra field the only option I should use?

Thanks,
\Peter

Is it possible to add custom interfaces to Sentry such that I can report more structured data and get some hooks into UI elements for interfaces that are specific to my use cases? This would be for an on-premises Sentry instance.

It may be possible if implemented as a plugin. See the SessionStack plugin as an example.

Is there a path to requesting new interfaces as part of Sentry’s built-in ones?

I’d open an issue on the Sentry GitHub project.

… are there best practices on reporting structured data to Sentry that isn’t one of the existing interfaces? I found the contexts interface, is that appropriate? Or is the extra field the only option I should use?

I’d recommend the extra interface.