Help: Sentry and Codeigniter

I’ve been trying to get sentry to work with Codeigniter (a PHP framework) and I’m sad to say that I wasn’t able to find any upto date resource on how to do this.

What I’m trying to achieve:
I want to be able use sentries automatic error and exception capturing system in codeigniter in such a way that an error or exception should get logged from any controller/model in the entire application, without having to explicitly write code in every controller/model

Possible options:
I first tried to use the index.php in the Codeigniter root directory and adding the code snippet to it. But errors in the controllers aren’t caught that way. I then tried adding a pre_controller hook to run a php script with the code snippet but that also only logged errors in the script file.

Am I supposed to add the raven library in the constructor of the System/Core/Controller.php
Or and I forced to insert the code snippet in every controller of my application?
Will errors in the model also get logged If I have the sentry code snippet in the controller?

This repo:
was the only resource I code find and it’s very outdated. Nothing I’ve tried worked.

I was wondering if anyone has used Codeigniter with Sentry before and if yes, it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Also interested in how to use sentry for projects with Codeigniter!

I have a custom controller class and all the other controllers are extending this one.
I added the code snippet in the constructor of this class and so far it seems to be working.