How can i build my own image and push to docker swarm

I have checked out sentry and ran install.sh. Now I would like to build my own image and push to docker swarm. When I build I get the following error:
base name ({SENTRY_IMAGE}{SENTRY_PYTHON2:±py2}) should not be blank

How can I configure these?

Can I get some examples? I am not extremely familiar with docker configurations

I’m a bit confused as you say you need to build your own images and push them to Swarm but you are not familiar with Docker and Swarm. Why do you do this if you are not familiar with the systems you are trying to use?

I may have worded my question incorrectly. I am building the image but not sure what should I pass in as the sentry_image and sentry_python2. I tried using a custom image name that i would like but for some reason i still get this error

What have you done so far?
What do you want to achieve?
What is the issue?
What does the logs say?
(What does the fox say?)

What have you done so far?
I have followed the instructions to set up sentry and start the containers

What do you want to achieve?
I would like to build an image for the sentry on prem and push to our docker swarm

What is the issue?
I found that sentry is dependent on a lot of other images for it to work and if I want to host it on swarm, I will have to pull all the images sentry is dependent on and push to the swarm.

Is there a way to put sentry on our own docker swarm without pulling and managing other images sentry is dependent on?

I don’t know much about swarm but reading the docs, it should be as simple as docker-compose push: Deploy a stack to a swarm | Docker Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.