Microsoft Teams connector integration

The Sentry connector’s messages in microsoft teams channels are severely lacking. Is there any way the messages can be expanded to include any tags associated with the issue/event? At the very least display the “environment” tag?

If the source for the connector is open I’d love to sink my teeth into it.

1 Like

Has any one at Sentry looked into this? There is a github issue regarding it https://github.com/getsentry/sentry/issues/11690

While Sentry team is not working on it, you could configure a Webhook alert to Teams (the old way). It sends much more information.

Could you explain how the old way worked? I looked into webhooks in integral integration platform, and the data you receive from sentry must be transformed to actionable card or adaptive card to be accepted by webhook connector in msteams (msteams docs). Or am I missing something here?

There is a new msteams integration developed by Sentry team: https://develop.sentry.dev/integrations/msteams/ Unfortunately it seems not to work with onpremis yet (20.11.1). There is a high demand so I guess it will be fixed soon.

In teams, go to the connectors menu entry in the team / channel you want to connect, and create a new incoming webhook. This generates a URL.

In Sentry, go to Settings > Projects > Project > Webhooks (In Legacy Integrations section). You have to put the Teams URL there, and then click “Test plugin” to see if it’s working. I tried with an old version of on-premise and works, not sure if the last version works too.

Here you have an example of error (in PHP project)

This does’t work with onpremise 20.11.1. MSTeams incomming webhook expects actionable card or adaptive card (v1.2) or something simple as { “text”: “some sample text” }

1 Like

Unfortunately the Sentry WebHook sends a data that is not readable for the teams connector, at least the Sentry team could allow to configure the data schema that is sent.

For MSTeams you have official integration. I posted link in my previous post. Sentry Webhook lets you connect an app you have written youself.