Raven-js Chrome Pause on Exception

In Chrome, and only Chrome (current version 55.0.2883.95, both Mac and PC), when running my application with Sentry with ‘Pause on Exceptions’ turned on in DevTools, I get paused twice here (part of the Raven JS code):

The code still executes as expected. If I remove Sentry, there are no pauses and everything still executes as expected. I tried playing with the promises in my code, but nothing seems to alleviate this other than removing Sentry altogether. There doesn’t seem to be anything else in the Call Stack that would help with investigation either.

I’m at a loss for how to proceed debugging, but the few fingers that I can find seem to be pointing at Setnry. Does anyone have any thoughts?

The only reason you’re seeing this here is because Raven uses try/catch to aggressively instrument your code to catch more errors rather than rely solely on window.onerror. In this example, b.apply is just a wrapper around your own function execution (or it could be 3rd party code).

If I remove Sentry, there are no pauses and everything still executes as expected.

If you can provide me with a public test case where I can observe/test this myself, I’d be glad to debug and verify the behavior.