Slack Integration Feedback

1. I cannot get user tag working with new integration.
  2. Action buttons such as Resolve, Ignore, etc, should be optional.
  3. I really like how old integration puts the actual error in notification header and makes culprit optional. Tags are capitalized in old integration. And rule names are also optional and can be disabled:

The only useful feature so far in the new integration is the ability to send an alert to different channels/workspaces.

A few notes:

• the old integration will be removed in the future
  • tags will no longer be titlized (this is a sentry wide change happening)
  • we’ll be expanding notification options more in the future
  • the rule name shows in the subtext of the notification

We’ll check into the user and release tags as it’s likely it’s not parsing them correctly. If you’re having any other issues please include details and reproduction steps.

Hi @kylefox, the slack integration alert action is actually a separate item in the actions list, check out the docs here. (There’s actually a PR for cleaning up the wording a bit). That should get you going!

We’ll check into the user and release tags as it’s likely it’s not parsing them correctly

Fix for this going out soon. GH-7928.

Private channels inconsistently working

Fix for this also going out soon. GH-7929

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I’m wondering if the new Global Integrations (specifically Slack) are going to be available on the self-hosted open source version as well. Thanks!

Two things we’ve ran into since trying the new integration:

• Resolving the issue from the web UI doesn’t resolve it in the slack notification. Our PagerDuty integration supports this, so this would be really nice for the Sentry integration

• There doesn’t appear to be any clarity on priority or matching or negating matching rules. e.g. we want to have ‘catch all rules’ that are only matched when no other rules were matched.

Thanks for the work so far, being able to route to different channels is a huge improvement.

Hello, what about the self-hosted version? It looks like the old integration was removed and the new global integrations don’t exist?

It exists in core (in master), likely behind a feature switch. That said its going to be quite a bit of effort to configure various integrations when you’re installing Sentry, especially ones like the new Slack integration which require you to setup a developer app. I’d highly recommend just moving to the hosted option and avoid the current and future headaches, as they’re about to get even more extreme later this year.

Edited: For more context if you want to try and configure this yourself, your starting point is creating an app and configuring these options: https://github.com/getsentry/sentry/blob/master/src/sentry/identity/slack/provider.py#L7

Can someone please help me with setting up this integration so it posts to multiple channels? I’ve tried everything I can think of and it just doesn’t work. It only posts to one channel.

I’ve tried having 1 rule with 2 actions like this:

and I’ve tried making two rules with 1 action each.

I even tried specifying multiple channels in 1 action, but that doesn’t even pass validation.

Can someone please help me with setting up this integration so it posts to multiple channels? I’ve tried everything I can think of and it just doesn’t work. It only posts to one channel.

@MaggotMouth: This issue has been fixed and it should be working now!

Is there some way to make the integration ignore an error once only without going to the sentry UI?

we frequently have issues that might be relevant in the future but aren’t now. Ignore the error once or for an hour and similar from slack would be very nice.

I am trying to add the new Sentry slack integration, but clicking “Add to slack” button it redirects me to slack landing page and nothing happens after.

getting this error when trying to integrate slack with sentry