This thread is for feedback on our new (2018) Slack integration. If you’re not sure what that is, the thread doesn’t apply to you.
The new Slack integration lives globally in your organization (under “Integrations”). Once you’ve connected it to a Slack workspace, you’ll gain access to a few things:
- Sentry links will unfurl within Slack
- Actions will become available on issue cards
- Rules will allow you to send a notification to a specific workspace and channel.
Unlike the legacy plugin, by default slack notifications will not be triggered without first configuring a rule to trigger a notification, you’ll want to configure that under Projects > Alerts > Rules.
Note: You may want to disable the legacy Slack integration (via “Manage Integrations” on the Project Settings, or the “Alerts” settings page) as it will create duplicate notifications for any newly formed rules.
If you’re one of our early adopters, we’d find feedback very valuable here. We’re still polishing up the UI, and things will be move around a bit for configuration, but specifically we’d like to know:
- Are there things you think are missing?
- Does the experience “feel” good to you? Primarily around the notifications and cards.