Snuba connection refused error

I am trying to sort project related crashes by a custom tag but the tag value drop down only displays loading and and then errors with “unable to retrieve values for tag” pops up. The error is logged into sentry and the exception is:

SnubaError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=1218): Max retries exceeded with url: /query (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7ff5d4288290>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

I can tell what the error is but I’m unsure why this is happening. I deployed this using the community helm chart with a container built from master. I don’t see any kubernetes services exposed on port 1218 in my kube environment.

EDIT: By kubernetes services I meant nothing running in kubernetes is running on that port.

Hi,

I have the same error but with a on-premise Sentry 9.1 installation. I realize I need to install snuba but I find it difficult to find where it is explained.

So in theory, the latest version 9.1.1 shouldn’t have any hard dependencies on Snuba yet. This will become a requirement in Sentry 10, but as of now, if there are any urls that complain, while using 9.1.1, can you let me know what url?

My fault, I forgot to reply to this.

I had a build pipeline that built sentry from head before the sentry 10 flip. I started building from the specific commit I found that did not depend on snuba which resolved this issue.

1 Like