Snuba-events-subscriptions-consumers is not working

Currently I am running the event topic divided into 10 partitions. In all other cases, there is no problem, only snuba-events-subscriptions-consumers are constantly rebalancing or the current offset remains at zero. When I first set it up, I didn’t have this problem. At the time, snuba-events-subscriptions-consumers also worked well. However, once the problem occurs, initializing the offset with “–reset-offsets --to-latest --execute” does not solve the problem. You need a solid solution.

@markstory @fpacifici any ideas around this?

Hi, sorry for the late answer.

I would need some clarifications.

• Does snuba-transactions-subscriptions-consumers have the same problem? They run with the same consumer, they should behave in the same way.
  • Do you have some consumer logs of the case where snuba-events-subscriptions-consumers keeps rebalancing? How often? Does it actually reshuffle partitions or does it reassign the same to the same consumers? The subscription consumer consumer from two topics: events and snuba-commit-log, so I would be interested in seeing how partitions are assigned there.
  • Would you be able to start the subscription consumer in debug mode? -log-level DEBUG and show what is actually doing ?

Thanks
Filippo