Confusion about source maps for React Native

Before I pose my questions, let me tell you that I’ve read through the forums and the [official documentation

1. Currently, I do not do anything special to upload my source maps for my React Native project. However, in most (not all though! will come back to this later on) errors, I can see the relevant source code bit in sentry web. I see the sentence “Currently automatic source map handling is only implemented for iOS with Xcode and Android with gradle.” in “Source Maps for Other Platforms” page Is this how I see the source code for the errors inside sentry web?

2. If Sentry does automatically upload source maps, why is there even a part of documentation explaining source map uploading for React Native? In which cases, do I need to do this manual process?

3. In some cases, the stacktrace seems garbled (along with the error message itself), and the code does not really match the error message:

Why is that? How can I fix it?

I use 0.58.5 with react-native-sentry 0.39.1. I do not have any “processing issues”, i.e. all my dSYMs have already been uploaded.

I have the same issue.Please help

I am having the same issue, currently unable to view source code from my react-native application in sentry when an exception occurs. Please advise or provide a resource that explains the exact steps on how to ensure configuration is setup properly.

The issue posted in the first comment should be fixed with the new SDK.
Please migrate over to use @sentry/react-native https://github.com/getsentry/sentry-react-native

If there is still an issue please feel free to raise a ticket on github.

I have the same issue with this versions:

@sentry/react-native”: “^1.0.7”,

Could you provide a resource that explains the exact steps of how to manage the source map?

1 Like

I’m also confused by this. Is there an example of a situation where one would need to do this manualy?