Following a walkthrough to install on-premises; it references Celery

Hi,

I am totally new to Linux. After struggling with the documentation on the Sentry site, for installing, I managed to find a step-by-step guide to install and get Sentry running.

I understand that the Docker method is supposed to be more straight forward, though also using Sentry as a learning curve with Linux.

The resource is here: https://miteshshah.github.io/sysadmin/how-to-setup-sentry-logging-server/

It’s pretty much 12 months old, to date. I read somewhere that Celery is no longer used.

There are 2 steps in the document that reference Celery; under the headings Start Workers and Start Cron Process.

Is there a command I can use in direct place of these?

I skipped those 2 commands and have the Sentry instance running, though of course there are no workers so the site displays a large red banner telling me as much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Darren

As the documentation says, everything is under sentry run <service>. You can find more by just doing sentry run --help. But you want run worker and run cron.

Hi Matt,

Many thanks. Perhaps being new with Linux is making this seem more complicated than it really is.