Google Auth Not Working on Sentry Onpremise 21.9.0

Hi Folks,

Recently we are installing Sentry Onpremise version 21.9.0 (Latest) on Amazon EC2.
The installation was successful.

Then we want to enable SSO OAuth using Google Auth, we have followed instruction on docs from this url: https://develop.sentry.dev/self-hosted/sso/ and we have added the configurations on sentry/config.yml as instructed.

config.yml

################
# Google OAuth #
################

auth-google.client-id: 'our-client-id'
auth-google.client-secret: 'our client-secret'

But the SSO Google Auth is not working. We have tried to restart all the containers, using docker-compose down then docker-compose up -d again. But still SSO is not working.

Is there anybody else having a same SSO problem on sentry onpremise 21.9.0 ?

Thank You

If you can be more specific than “not working” we’d love to help you diagnose it :slight_smile:

Hi @BYK ,

Thanks for responding. What i mean not working is, let’s say we call the domain name of our sentry, example: sentry.example.com. But it shown regular sign in page. Not Sign-in with google button.

Actually we are having old sentry (v8.x). When we call old sentry domain, the page shown login page with sign-in from google.
What we expect is we have some functionality like that (SSO using google sign-in/Google Auth)

I think this happens automatically once you set the org to use SSO. Are you in a multi-org mode?

Hi @BYK ,

This issue has been solved.
My bad on this issue.

Previously when i run install.sh, i don’t specify any user as admin. Then i tried to reinstall sentry. This time i create 1 user that act as an initial admin. Then from settings > Auth, i configure the Google Auth. The result is SSO finally working.

Thanks for your attention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.