I have sentry running in three seperate docker containers and it’s been nothing but a headache. Inexplicable undescriptive errors. Which is ironic for an application that keeps track of errors.
Eventually after 4 hours of tinkering I finally got it to show a HTML page, would you know it “API Error the team has been informed”. The upgrade script took way longer than necessary (partly because the memory management is so awful it was probably swapping half of what it needed).
Error on my part, I forgot to fix the port of the SMTP server. but nevertheless Sentry reported hapily that emails were being sent. So good job there, that really didn’t take long to figure out or anything.
Now the server has been running for about three hours and it managed to generate nearly 90.000 errrors in “internal”. No idea what internal is, the tutorial is literally not present.
Wanting to look into what errors these might be, I got another “internal server error”. Nice!
Resorting to a sane way of checking errors I looked at the docker logs of the worker container and it took so long to compute, I had a coffee, played a game of pool and went to a meeting before docker finally got me anything.
Overall a really horrendous experience.