MISCONF Redis on fresh install

I’m trying to get a fresh install of Sentry running on Ubuntu 20.04. I’m seeing the following error in the web container.

web_1                                       | 15:09:52 [ERROR] sentry.errors: Unable to incr internal metric
web_1                                       | Traceback (most recent call last):
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sentry/utils/metrics.py", line 98, in worker
web_1                                       |     tsdb.incr(tsdb.models.internal, full_key, count=amount)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sentry/utils/services.py", line 102, in <lambda>
web_1                                       |     context[key] = (lambda f: lambda *a, **k: getattr(self, f)(*a, **k))(key)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sentry/tsdb/redissnuba.py", line 84, in method
web_1                                       |     return getattr(self.backends[backend], key)(*a, **kw)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sentry/tsdb/redis.py", line 202, in incr
web_1                                       |     self.incr_multi([(model, key)], timestamp, count, environment_id)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sentry/tsdb/redis.py", line 261, in incr_multi
web_1                                       |     client.expireat(hash_key, key_expiries.pop(hash_key))
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rb/clients.py", line 637, in __exit__
web_1                                       |     self.mapping_client.join(timeout=timeout)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rb/clients.py", line 418, in join
web_1                                       |     command_buffer.wait_for_responses(self)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rb/clients.py", line 229, in wait_for_responses
web_1                                       |     value = client.parse_response(self.connection, command_name, **options)
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/redis/client.py", line 853, in parse_response
web_1                                       |     response = connection.read_response()
web_1                                       |   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/redis/connection.py", line 718, in read_response
web_1                                       |     raise response
web_1                                       | redis.exceptions.ResponseError: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.
web_1                                       | 15:09:52 [ERROR] sentry.errors: Unable to incr internal metric

What configuration settings do I need to set to fix this? I’m using almost a default config.yml and sentry.conf.py

Looks like there’s an issue with your Redis volume configuration (redis claims it cannot write to disk)

Thanks, it turns out I was out of storage space on my host. Increasing the size of the volume did the trick.

I’m now getting a new error about relay not connecting to the Geoip Db. I don’t want this service set up (and since I’m not connected to a MaxMind account the geoipupdate container crashes immediately), but relay is giving me errors and restarting every minute.

relay_1                                     | 2021-04-16T18:30:11Z [relay_log::utils] ERROR: configuration error
relay_1                                     |   caused by: could not load the Geoip Db
relay_1                                     |   caused by: IoError: entity not found

I’m guessing this probably belongs in a different thread.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.