Possible to send more complex (unstructured) data to Sentry?

I am just evaluating Sentry to decide if it fits our environment. We want to send crash reports automatically to a centralized server. Our crash reports should also contain snapshots of the internal application state to easily reproduce the errors. This means it must be possible to send serialized (binary) data / files etc. to Sentry. Is this possible?

Currently you can only send json data no large binary data blobs. What type of data would you want to send?

We want to send e.g. log files to Sentry to reproduce the error.

Can some one tell me how to send log file data to sentry server as single event using java

I was afraid I was going to find this as “the official answer”. I see absolutely no reason to restrict what data can be reported. If your customer says it is relevant, then you should help them collect (and manage) that relevant data. Sometimes, like with screenshots of what is on there screen when the error occurred, are vital to tracking down the cause of the bug.

So, as a quick fix, PLEASE work on integrations with Google Drive, Dropbox, and/or S3 compliant file storage services to send binary files and have links/integration in sentry’s reporting UI.

The post is heavily outdated. You can send attachments to Sentry nowadays. Here is how this works internally if an SDK does not support it natively yet: https://develop.sentry.dev/sdk/envelopes/

You can also send an attachment following an event: https://docs.sentry.io/platforms/javascript/enriching-events/attachments/

Are you aware of any example python code?

Bump. I am going to attempt this right now. Any examples would be helpful.

Now, if it is not already in the Python SDK (which I don’t think it is.) I wonder if I can use one of the other SDKs that has that functionality. I am wondering if I could call the JavaScript SDK somehow. Hmm, let me do some Googling.

But, then again, it is easy enough to use the HTTP API in Python.

Update: Nevermind. I now see that attachments are only kept for 30 days. That is insufficient for our needs.

Did anyone ever try to actually send a minidump attachment as an envelope?
The documentation says it is possible, and there is an event.minidump attachment type, but for the love of Pete I cannot manage to get it out. When served as raw text, or encoded in any way, the binary payload it messes with the newlines and corrupts the format.

I am trying to send UE4 minidumps specifically.

If i remove the binary chars the payload goes into sentry but is of course invalid as a real minidump.
Does anyone have an example or idea on how to send a binary payload with /envelope