Referer header not fully viewable after 512 char

Been using Sentry for a few weeks and it’s been great. Recently came across an odd behavior which I wanted to check with others on. It seems that the user’s referer header is either not being stored or not being returned with enough data… ie. the text is shortened, for example: https://placeat.someurl.com/static_skins/generic_stuff_1test/index.html?distributorid=12345&site=some_site&sub_id=11223344556677&trampoline=qwertyqwertyqwertyh0bWwiOiJcdTAwM2NpZnJhbWUgc3JjPVwiLy9zdGF0aWMuc3VwZXJzb25pY2Fkcy5jb20vZGVsaXZlcnQWertYUIoiuytrewERTYklIUYTREDFGhjwiIHdpZHRoPVwiMVwiIGhlaasdfghjklxcvbnmqwertyuiopoiuytrgXHUwMDNjL2lmcmFtZVx1MDAzZSIsIm15Y2RuX3VybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vc3RhdGljLmh5cHJteC5jb20vIiwic3NsX2Nkbl91cmwiOiJodHR

No matter if i request the report as a json or in Sentry, the referer header data is cut short after 512 characters.

This is an intentional design decision: variables over a certain size (in this case, 512 bytes) are trimmed. There are more details on where this occurs in this similar post: How to get all the data from the traceback

The problem with this approach is that there is (as far as I can tell) no way for end users to override and allow for this field to be larger. In my case, its actually preventing me from reproducing production level errors, since only a fraction of the referrer is actually presented. I have therefore emailed support to attempt to resolve this.