Upload hidden sourcemaps

I’m trying to upload sourcemaps generated by webpack to sentry using sentry-cli.

I am getting a couple of different errors but didn’t get what the cause is.

This is the configuration I am using to build and create hidden source maps. I don’t want them to be available on the browser.

mode: 'production',
  devtool: 'hidden-source-map',
  target: 'web',
  entry: { app: PATHS.app },
  output: {
    path: path.join(__dirname, 'build'),
    devtoolModuleFilenameTemplate: '[absolute-resource-path]',
    publicPath: '/',
    chunkFilename: '[name].[hash].min.js',
    filename: '[name].[hash].min.js',
    sourceMapFilename: '[name].[hash].min.js.map'
  },

Seems like the generated files are being created correctly since I can serve them without any problem (docker). Here an example of how a .map looks like:

{"version":3,"sources":["30.hash.min.js"],"names":["window","push","k++v","module","exports","JSON","parse"],"mappings":"whatever","file":"30.hash.min.js","sourceRoot":""}

I’ve just ended up adding this configuration devtoolModuleFilenameTemplate: '[absolute-resource-path]', to webpack in order to remove the webpack/// from .map source property.

I’ve already tested many different ways of uploading those files to sentry:

sentry-cli releases -o x -p y files testing upload-sourcemaps build/ --url-prefix "~/" --rewrite

Seems like sentry is not able to find the .js file. This error is always happening:

Unable to fetch HTTP resource

I’ve also tried multiple different options, playing around with --no-sourcemap-reference and with --url-prefix . Sometimes the error above seems to be fixed, but the sourcemap cannot be found anyway.

Did you ever figure this out?

I am facing same issue.