Uwsgi not loading app

Hi, i am trying to setup sentry in a Apache Mesos container and the web server wont start because uwsgi cannot load the app.

your processes number limit is 32000
your memory page size is 4096 bytes
detected max file descriptor number: 32000
lock engine: pthread robust mutexes
thunder lock: enabled
uwsgi socket 0 bound to TCP address 0.0.0.0:9000 fd 4
your server socket listen backlog is limited to 100 connections
your mercy for graceful operations on workers is 60 seconds
setting request body buffering size to 65536 bytes
mapped 1922048 bytes (1877 KB) for 12 cores
*** Operational MODE: preforking+threaded ***
spawned uWSGI master process (pid: 62568)
spawned uWSGI worker 1 (pid: 62600, cores: 4)
spawned uWSGI worker 2 (pid: 62601, cores: 4)
*** no app loaded. GAME OVER ***
*** no app loaded. GAME OVER ***

i have redis and sentry worker running fine. sentry upgrade also works fine. it runs on my local machine (OSX) but not in the target machine (centos 7); same version of uwsgi . What might cause this and is there a way to enable debug mode so i can see exactly how uwsgi is called?

Thank you!

I definitely need more information on how you’re running this. Are you just using sentry start? If not, you should and it’ll likely be difficult to get it to run otherwise.

Also worth noting, we don’t support CentOS, so you’ll likely have some issues with that too if you haven’t already.

You need to activate the virtualenv with the application, using a launcher script or similar.

https://github.com/1and1/debianized-sentry/blob/master/scripts/sentry-web

I was running it with ‘sentry run web’. I would like try replacing uwsgi with gunicorn but I do not see much documentation regarding that. What is the compatibility with gunicorn?

It won’t work. We utilize some uwsgi specific features that won’t translate to gunicorn.

one thing worth mentioning is that I am using Aurora’s sequentialTask, which I need to push sentry worker into background first before running the web server. I thought about running worker as I service but then I don’t have sudo access in Mesos container. Don’t know if that will cause a problem?

Ultimately, I would like to understand what “no app loading” means. Is it not able to connect to the workers?

thank you for patients as I am fairly new to the django + uwsgi stack

Nah, entirely unrelated. I don’t honestly know how you’re hitting this error, but it looks like your setup is pretty complex and hard for me to debug. “no app loaded” literally means it can’t find the wsgi application to load. If you’re doing this through sentry run web, it should be doing all the right things automatically.

So I don’t really know what would be causing it to not happening automatically. I can only guess something weird in your setup. Either from CentOS or Mesos. Can’t you just run the docker container in Mesos instead?