Advanced Sentry search

Hello,

I’m using the Sentry API in order to get filtered issues that I display on dashboards.
My goal is to display the most impacting issues on one dashboard. For this I’d like to filter my issues by two filters :

• Number of events (for this I’m using the timesSeen filter)
  • Number of users impacted

For the second one I do not see any way of achieving this in the search documentation.

I’d like to be able to do something like :

users:>= X

Or

COUNT(users)>= X

Is there a way to achieve what I’m looking for ?

Also, I have connected Sentry and Jira so we can tackle and keep tracks of sentries being tackled.
Is there a way to filter the Sentry issues not being linked to an actual Jira issue ?

Cheers,
Thomas

1 Like

It’s possible this will happen in the future with some of the infrastructure we’re building. Right now theres unfortunately no reasonable way to do what you’re wanting though (COUNT(users) as a search condition).

Regarding the Jira bit, I think that’s also not yet available in search but is something we’re going to add, and might exist by the end of the year.

Thank you for the reply. Keep up the good work, Sentry’s doing a great job and we look forward to have access to the new features :smile:

Hello @zeeg,

Do you have any news regarding the Jira bit ?

Is there a way to filter the Sentry issues not being linked to an actual Jira issue ?

With the new integration you deployed around a month ago I hoped to see this possible but it is still not possible :confused:
Any news regarding this new feature ?

Cheers,
Thomas

It should happen early in the new year (early Q1). We’ve got a ton of new search improvements going out, and last I heard this was bundled as part of them.

1 Like

Hello @zeeg,

Any news about this?

Cheers,
Thomas

It hasn’t landed yet but it’s still slated - likely pushed into Q2 at this point as theres a lot of minor tweaks we need to make happen for the new Visibility features.

@ThomasHarper @zeeg
Hi guys,

Looks like this got pushed further. Would also love to be able to hide issues that are linked to a JIRA issue to get a clearer view on what is not being tackled but might be important.

Couldn’t find “linked issues” in the has: filter though. Is this still planned?

Best,
Dennis

1 Like

Hello @zeeg,

Any news about this ? This is getting really painful for us.

Cheers,
Thomas

It is something we likely will be adding in the future, but we’re prioritizing other things right now.

Hi @zeeg,

Any updates on this feature? This would be very useful for a project I’m working on right now!

Best,
Avery

https://docs.sentry.io/product/discover-queries/query-builder/

Hey @zeeg, I’m specifically interested in being able to search for Sentry issues that are not linked to Jira issues, sorry for not communicating that more clearly! Is this possible now? I didn’t see anything about this in the docs link you posted.

Ah yeah we haven’t gotten that resolved yet. It’s more tricky than some of the other requests as it requires doing multi-pass filtering between our event search system and our sql database. It is definitely on the list, but there’s some nuts and bolts we really need to get in place before we tackle it.

A year later - any news about filtering by presence (or absence) of jira link?
Thanks!

Would love to have ability to query by users count, as most of issues are simply noise we wont fix for single user that used obscure browser. I would like to have ability to filter by user count. You already display in in frontend so at least adding sorting there would help to prioritize.