Cannot read property 'Sentry' of undefined in Android App

Hello. I just recently added Sentry into my Android application. The App is built using Nativescript but trying to release it on the Google Play store. I added the implementation of android sentry in my build.gradle file, and added the correct meta data in Android Manifest.

However, everytime I open the app, it stops working with this error.

E/JS: [SentryAngular - SentryErrorHandler] TypeError: Cannot read property 'Sentry' of undefined
    E/JS: ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: Cannot read property 'Sentry' of undefined
        TypeError: Cannot read property 'Sentry' of undefined
            at Function.e.captureException (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/vendor.js:35420:16)
            at Function.e.captureException (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/bundle.js:4856:43)
            at e.<anonymous> (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/bundle.js:3547:16)
            at file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/bundle.js:3536:14
            at Object.throw (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/bundle.js:3538:40)
            at s (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/bundle.js:3512:294)
            at e.invoke (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/vendor.js:19256:137)
            at Object.onInvoke (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/vendor.js:13832:10)
            at e.invoke (file:///data/user/0/com.rowforgellc.rowforge/files/app/vendor.js:19256:77)
            at t.run (file:...

I don’t have any idea of how to debug this. Much help would be appreciated.

I got this to work by not specifying the implementation in Build.gradle. With Nativescript, you don’t need it there but you will need the AndroidManifest part.