SentryCordova : Cannot read property '_globalOptions' of undefined

After digging I’m finding that the cordova plugin is saying that it’s not implemented… as I debugged down to SentryCordova.prototype.nativeCall and it’s caught at SentryCordova.bundle.js:4185

I followed the instructions to set it up and the wizard opened my browser and completed successfully… not sure what else to do.

SentryCordova.bundle.js:3527 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property '_globalOptions' of undefined
at _sendProcessedPayload (file:///android_asset/www/plugins/sentry-cordova/www/SentryCordova.bundle.js:3527:29)
at file:///android_asset/www/plugins/sentry-cordova/www/SentryCordova.bundle.js:3888:13
at SentryBrowser.send (file:///android_asset/www/plugins/sentry-cordova/www/SentryCordova.bundle.js:3887:16)
at file:///android_asset/www/plugins/sentry-cordova/www/SentryCordova.bundle.js:4188:44

FWIW

const _initSentry = () => {
window.initLogs.push(${new Date()}: Sentry Initialization Start);
const Sentry = cordova.require(‘sentry-cordova.SentryCordovaBundle’).default;
const SentryBrowser = cordova.require(‘sentry-cordova.SentryCordovaBundle’).SentryBrowser;
const SentryCordova = cordova.require(‘sentry-cordova.SentryCordovaBundle’).SentryCordova;

Sentry.create('__myurlthing__')
        .use(SentryCordova, {sentryBrowser: SentryBrowser})
        .install()
        .then((client) => {
            window.initLogs.push(`${new Date()}: Sentry Initialization Success`);
            client.captureException(new Error('hello sentry'));
        })
        .catch((e) => {
            window.initLogs.push(`${new Date()}: Sentry Initialization Failure - ${e.message}`);
        });
};

this initializes “correctly” but doesn’t seem to be working… also Sentry.getSharedClient() looks correct but when trying to actually use it has the same issues.