Can't create new user account

Firstly, I want to thank the sentry! it’s very cool!
I deployed the on-premise on my mac and created an admin account, it works good!
but when i open the page addressed http://localhost:9000/auth/login/sentry/ to registe another account, it tells me no organization permission!
So, how can i resolve this issue ?
Another question is, whether the sentry must be payed when I deployed on my internal server or I must to pay for the advanced functions ?

Hi @Jarvan! Glad to hear you’re enjoying (and of course, using) Sentry :slight_smile:

Can you tell us more about your deployment? Like have you used the Docker image, the onpremise repo or a pure Python installation? Which version you have used etc.?

At a first glance, it seems to me that the initial user account you have created was not a super user or your initial database migration did not complete properly. I’d try the following:

sentry upgrade

To make sure there are no pending/missing DB migrations.

sentry createuser --superuser

To create a new super user.

Per our BSD license, you do not need to pay anything for on-premise installations. You can use the full code and all the features. You only need to pay if you decide to use the SaaS version on sentry.io. That said keep in mind that if you are reselling Sentry, using that as a basis of an application performance monitoring or error tracking product where you earn a living from, you may be subject to license and attribution clauses (I don’t think this is your use case but mentioning just in case).

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I deployed the on-premise via docker, I checked the account in ‘/manage/users/1/’, it shows blow:
is it a super user?
If it is a super user, I think the problem is about my initial database, how can i upgrade my sentry which in docker (I was a web developer with poor operation exp : D)?
This is my install logs, hopes it helps!

# the only exception was here
Executing 4 build triggers
---> Running in a95c6be2eeeb
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
Removing intermediate container a95c6be2eeeb
---> Running in 688e7586a25a
Removing intermediate container 688e7586a25a
---> Running in a16917321a7d
Removing intermediate container a16917321a7d
---> 99b000b82d3a

Successfully built 99b000b82d3a
Successfully tagged onpremise_web:latest
Building cron
Step 1/2 : ARG SENTRY_IMAGE
Step 2/2 : FROM ${SENTRY_IMAGE}-onbuild
# Executing 4 build triggers
---> Running in e82a43c0ee3a
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
Removing intermediate container e82a43c0ee3a
---> Running in 095732840ce5
Removing intermediate container 095732840ce5
---> Running in 6652d34a36df
Removing intermediate container 6652d34a36df
---> 9c2515e32a9a
Would you like to create a user account now? [Y/n]: Y
Email: jiejayxf@gmail.com
Password:
Repeat for confirmation:
User created: jiejayxf@gmail.com
Added to organization: sentry
Running migrations for sentry.nodestore:
 - Migrating forwards to 0001_initial.
 > sentry.nodestore:0001_initial
Running migrations for sentry.search:
 - Migrating forwards to 0002_auto__del_searchtoken__del_unique_searchtoken_document_field_token__de.
 > sentry.search:0001_initial
 > sentry.search:0002_auto__del_searchtoken__del_unique_searchtoken_document_field_token__de
Running migrations for social_auth:
 - Migrating forwards to 0004_auto__del_unique_usersocialauth_provider_uid__add_unique_usersocialaut.
 > social_auth:0001_initial
 > social_auth:0002_auto__add_unique_nonce_timestamp_salt_server_url__add_unique_associati
 > social_auth:0003_auto__del_nonce__del_unique_nonce_server_url_timestamp_salt__del_assoc
 > social_auth:0004_auto__del_unique_usersocialauth_provider_uid__add_unique_usersocialaut
Running migrations for sentry.tagstore:
 - Migrating forwards to 0008_auto__chg_field_tagkey_environment_id.
 > sentry.tagstore:0001_initial
 > sentry.tagstore:0002_auto__del_tagkey__del_unique_tagkey_project_id_environment_id_key__del
 > sentry.tagstore:0003_auto__add_tagkey__add_unique_tagkey_project_id_environment_id_key__add
 > sentry.tagstore:0004_auto__del_tagkey__del_unique_tagkey_project_id_environment_id_key__del
 > sentry.tagstore:0005_auto__add_tagvalue__add_unique_tagvalue_project_id__key_value__add_ind
 > sentry.tagstore:0006_auto__del_unique_eventtag_event_id_key_value__add_unique_eventtag_proj
 > sentry.tagstore:0007_auto__chg_field_tagkey_environment_id__chg_field_tagkey_project_id__ch
 > sentry.tagstore:0008_auto__chg_field_tagkey_environment_id
Running migrations for sentry_plugins.hipchat_ac:
 - Migrating forwards to 0002_auto__del_mentionedevent.
 > sentry_plugins.hipchat_ac:0001_initial
 > sentry_plugins.hipchat_ac:0002_auto__del_mentionedevent
Running migrations for sentry_plugins.jira_ac:
 - Migrating forwards to 0001_initial.
 > sentry_plugins.jira_ac:0001_initial

Synced:
 > django.contrib.admin
 > django.contrib.auth
 > django.contrib.contenttypes
 > django.contrib.messages
 > django.contrib.sessions
 > django.contrib.sites
 > django.contrib.staticfiles
 > crispy_forms
 > debug_toolbar
 > rest_framework
 > sentry.plugins.sentry_interface_types
 > sentry.plugins.sentry_mail
 > sentry.plugins.sentry_urls
 > sentry.plugins.sentry_useragents
 > sentry.plugins.sentry_webhooks
 > sudo
 > south

Migrated:
 - sentry
 - sentry.nodestore
 - sentry.search
 - social_auth
 - sentry.tagstore
 - sentry_plugins.hipchat_ac
 - sentry_plugins.jira_ac
Creating missing DSNs
Correcting Group.num_comments counter
∫Cleaning up...

----------------
You're all done! Run the following command get Sentry running:

docker-compose up -d

Hi @Jarvan, sorry for the delayed response. As I don’t speak any Chinese at all, I cannot comment on that screen shot you shared :smiley: That said from the install logs, it seems like you’ve created a superuser account with the e-mail jiejayxf@gmail.com.

Can you share the exact error, and if possible any log outputs you receive so we can diagnose the issue?