Customize Charts

Is it possible to customize the issue/event charts that you see across the Sentry web UI?

My specific issue is that I’ve noticed its event counts contains issues that I’ve ignored. I would like my charts to only show events for un-muted issues. I’ve begun logging expected errors to Sentry — such as user validation errors — because I want to track metadata related to those errors over time, but I don’t want it to make it look like those expected errors are contributing a high baseline of errors across the app.

Here is a screenshot to help visualize my dilemma — there are only two visible issues for this app, but its event charts (both this big one and the spark chart you see elsewhere) shows more event activity than that.

I’m running Sentry 9.

Hi @moubry did you find an answer to your question above?

@bdw429s No, I ended-up writing my own custom web app that connects directly to the Sentry (on premise) database to draw custom charts. I realize I maybe could have changed the source code to Sentry, but this seemed like the easier thing at the time.

Thanks for the reply @moubry, that’s too bad you didn’t find an option and received no other feedback. I just started this thread where I have a similar need for just a very small amount of customization.

https://forum.sentry.io/t/can-project-charts-be-customized/

I could write my own app to report on Sentry’s data but it does seem unnecessary.