Email requests rejected in sentry and upgrade failed

Hello Team,

I am using sentry version 20.11.1 and configured email notifications from AWS SES service. After i have upgraded from 20.8 to 20.11 i am not able to send the email requets .Below is the error log
SMTPDataError: (554, ‘Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: root@localhost’)
**worker_1 | 12:23:48 [ERROR] celery.app.trace: Task sentry.tasks.email.send_email[ebe63532-6dad-4b09-b09e-1f4aac7a2747] raised unexpected: SMTPDataError(554, ‘Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: root@localhost’) (data={u’internal’: False, u’traceback’: u’Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py”, line 412, in trace_task\n R = retval = fun(*args, **kwargs)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py”, line 704, in protected_call\n return self.run(*args, **kwargs)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry_sdk/integrations/celery.py”, line 186, in _inner\n reraise(*exc_info)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry_sdk/integrations/celery.py”, line 181, in _inner\n return f(*args, **kwargs)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/tasks/base.py”, line 48, in _wrapped\n result = func(*args, kwargs)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/tasks/email.py”, line 76, in send_email\n send_messages([message])\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/utils/email.py”, line 408, in send_messages\n sent = connection.send_messages(messages)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/mail/backends/smtp.py”, line 111, in send_messages\n sent = self._send(message)\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/mail/backends/smtp.py”, line 127, in _send\n self.connection.sendmail(from_email, recipients, message.as_bytes(linesep=’\r\n’))\n File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py”, line 752, in sendmail\n raise SMTPDataError(code, resp)\nSMTPDataError: (554, ‘Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: root@localhost’)\n’, u’name’: ‘sentry.tasks.email.send_email’, u’args’: ‘()’, u’kwargs’: “{‘message’: <django.core.mail.message.EmailMultiAlternatives object at 0x7f4c84dc1ad0>}”, u’description’: u’raised unexpected’, u’hostname’: ‘fafc4c6c3902’, u’id’: ‘ebe63532-6dad-4b09-b09e-1f4aac7a2747’, u’exc’: “SMTPDataError(554, ‘Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: root@localhost’)”})

I have changed the local host and provided company email ID in SES and rebooted the services and everything collapsed and unable unable to bring them up.

So i have brought back the previous day snapshot.

I have two questions:

1. While upgrading if copy the config.yml and sentry.cong.py to the new version and ran install.sh and it failed saying modified config files – We have to copy these files before upgrade right?
  2. If i upgrade them with out those files then my slack intergrations and SES is not updated.

Can you please help me with the Email configuration and upgrade.

Regards,
Kranthi.