Export/Import Sentry Projects

I have an old sentry instance (7.4.3) and a new sentry instance running the latest sentry via docker (8.22.0). The old sentry instance doesn’t really appear to be collecting new events at the moment so I thought I’d take the opportunity to switch to the new instance.

I was just wondering if it’s possible to import the existing projects from the old sentry instance. I don’t care about any of the events. I’d just like to avoid having to update the RAVEN_DSN environment variable on all of my Django projects if at all possible.

Is that feasible?

You can try running ‘sentry export’ and then ‘sentry import’ – while this is somewhat tested, I’d make sure to keep ahold of your legacy data until you’ve confirmed you’ve gotten what you want/need.

Hey,

I tried exporting and importing the sentry data, but I am facing the following error while trying
sentry import file.json

File "/usr/sentry/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode
    return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
django.core.serializers.base.DeserializationError: Expecting value: line 1 column 2 (char 1)

“sentry, version 9.1.2” for both the export and import instance.

Could someone please help, or suggest where I may be going wrong?