Heroku + Sentry

Hello I am trying to upgrade my sentry subscription but I see the following on my subscription tab:

Visit the Heroku Dashboard to make changes to your subscription.

I have tried to upgrade from Heroku but I get the following error:

Item could not be created:
An error was encountered when contacting the add-on partner to create sentry:f1. Please try again later.

I am looking for a way to decouple the Heroku account from the sentry one but to no avail, removing the addon from Heroku does not change the status in the Subscription tab on Sentry

2 Likes

I am seeing the same “An error was encountered when contacting the add-on partner to create sentry:f1. Please try again later.” error message when I use the Heroku CLI or even the user interface to create a new instance for an article I am writing about connecting Heroku with Slack.

I have actually “try again later” for well over 24 hours now, still getting this error all the while their very own status page shows no incidents at all.

Kind of makes me worry about the validity of the Sentry product. :slight_smile:

Here are the errors from the Heroku CLI:

â–¸    An error was encountered
 â–¸    when contacting the
 â–¸    add-on partner to create
 â–¸    sentry:f1. Please try
 â–¸    again later.
1 Like

Also sitting with this issue.

âžś  [foo] git:(develop) heroku addons:create sentry -r production 
Creating sentry on ⬢ [foo]-prod... !
 â–¸    An error was encountered when contacting the add-on partner to create sentry:f1. Please try again later.

Also left a comment on this GitHub issue.

I am also seeing this issue.

An error with the Sentry Heroku addon is keeping me from provisioning a new app instance on Heroku. The same code is working with Sentry on other instances. When I go to add Sentry from the Resources > Add Ons panel I get the error:
Item could not be created: An error was encountered when contacting the add-on partner to create sentry:f1. Please try again later.

When I try to install the addon from the heroku command line with:

heroku addons:create sentry -a appname

or several variants of that…

I get:

An error was encountered when contacting the add-on partner to create sentry:f1. Please try again later.

I have added runtime-dyno-metadata via Heroku settings > “add buildpack” and:

heroku labs:enable runtime-dyno-metadata -a comakery-audit

Sentry is great but this makes the product literally unusable. Any troubleshooting here would be helpful.

Testing a hunch: do you have another Heroku app using the free tier of Sentry?

I do not … I have only tried with this temporary Dyno for my article.

Here is what it looks like when I try to add using the Heroku UI:

I also created this ticket with Heroku, since I am seeing this error with Trakr too:

https://help.heroku.com/sharing/eee21cf0-902b-4411-8c85-886daeec9c7a

Hope this helps!
jv