Source maps not working

Hi,
we’ve started uploading our sourcemaps to Sentry so we could see full stacktrace. We’re using the Sentry Webpack plugin, running Sentry 9.1.2 and the sourcemaps are created with hidden-source-map preset and deleted at the end of the build process (however, when I download them from Sentry, they seem to be correct). During the build process, the webpack module successfully recognizes the sourcemaps:

Source Map Upload Report
  Minified Scripts
    /re/js/script1.js (sourcemap at script1.js.map)
    /re/js/script2.js (sourcemap at script2.js.map)
  Source Maps
    /re/js/script1.js.map
    /re/js/script2.js.map

Those JS files are served at https://website.com/re/js/script1.js etc., so their path in Sentry is the same as their path on the web.

But still, we only see the stacktrace with minified code, which is pretty useless. Are we the only one with this issue?

Is it possible to share one of the files and its source map for investigation?

Any news on this? We are having the same issue.

I noticed that the scripts and the sourcemaps don’t share the same path. The scripts have a prefix ‘/re/js/’ while the sourcemaps have none.

I have not figured out how to strip that prefix. Even if I set ‘stripPrefix’ to ‘/re/js’ (for this example) the sourcemaps still have the full prefix (I also set urlPrefix).

Wow, Sourcemaps seem to be working now. Maybe they only work for really new issues, not issues that just had new events?

The only change was I removed the ‘dist’ prop with the build number from the SentryCliPlugin. Maybe this messed up the version comparison? I never saw any place where this was used. It was not necessary to strip any prefixes from the sourcemap files.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.