Upload sourcemaps from folder tree

I’m working with a NextJs (with Typescript) application and I’m trying to upload the sourcemaps to Sentry artifacts.

The build from this app is not bundled to a single file. Instead, the dist/output folder reflects the NextJs pages structure, which in this case has a tree structure similar to this:

All the .js files reference a .map file. For example, in /.next/static/buildId/index.js, the last line is //# sourceMappingURL=index.js.map.

Then, I’m uploading sourcemaps to Sentry with the following command:
docker exec -it wtr-admin_app_container yarn sentry-cli --auth-token=${SENTRY_AUTH_TOKEN} releases --org=${SENTRY_ORGANIZATION} --project=${SENTRY_PROJECT} files ${VERSION} upload-sourcemaps "./src/.next/static/" --url-prefix "~/_next/static/" --no-rewrite

The problem is about that --url-prefix, which should be ~/_next/static/buildId/ for /.next/static/buildId/index.js file but should be ~/_next/static/buildId/customer/[customerId]/ for /.next/static/buildId/customer/[customerId]/details.js file.

So, uploading all files under the same url-prefix won’t work properly.

Is there any way of uploading this tree structure in a way where the .js files are correctly associated with its .map files?

Is RewriteFrames an option for this use case? If yes, can someone provide an example on how that can be implemented?

I came up with a workaround which allowed me to solve this and be able to upload to Sentry the entire tree of my minified .js files along with the associated source map files.

Solution:

I’ve decided to iterate through all files that I wanted to upload and, one by one, upload them (.js and .map file) and setting their individual “–url-prefix”.

So, for each pair of .js and .map files i did something similar with this:

sentry-cli --auth-token=${SENTRY_AUTH_TOKEN} releases --org=${SENTRY_ORGANIZATION} --project=${SENTRY_PROJECT} files ${RELEASE_ID} upload-sourcemaps /folder_1/folder_2/file.min.js /folder_1/folder_2/file.min.js.map --url-prefix '~/folder_1/folder_2'

Result:

After uploading them, I’ve generated an error on my app and checked the details of that issue on Sentry.
Then I was able to see the whole stack trace of the error and could see the original/unminified code.

Side note:

I did this (iterate through files and upload them) in a shell script file.