What is the structure of the sentry onpremise you would like to recommend?

I’m doing various tunings while touching the Sentry architecture by myself. The deeper I dig, the more fun I feel, so I want to understand more about sentry. The first thing I’m curious about is the self-hosted sentry architecture that the creators are aiming for. Looking at the repository, it is supposed to have all containers in one instance. Do you recommend this? If there is a lot of traffic and needs to be scaled out, is it a good way to scale out with all containers except db in one instance? If I were an infrastructure engineer, I would install containers that could become bottlenecks in separate containers to scale out. After all, I think this part may be the MSA architecture. What do you think about this?
Of course, I think using sentry cloud service is the best. But as someone who wants to be an infrastructure engineer, it’s a great pleasure to think about and tune these great open source architectures. I’m really curious about what the original author would do if he designed the system

@seungjinlee Sounds like you’re interested in Sentry as a learning opportunity to increase your infrastructure engineering knowledge. That’s great! We do indeed recommend the single-node setup that we officially provide in the onpremise repo for proofs of concept and low-traffic production installations. Have you discovered https://github.com/sentry-kubernetes/charts yet? That’s an unofficial, community-run project that might give you some ideas about how to run Sentry in a more complex setup. Good luck in your learning! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.