Error when restore Sentry configuration

Hi,

I have setup new docker instance Sentry and follow this guide to restore data from backup json file.

Please let me know if I missed anything or what should I do to fix this error? Thanks.

Regards,
Troy

I was able to workaround a similar issue by connecting to the Postgres container and truncating every table except the migrations table.

I used TablePlus and forwarded 5432 to the Postgres container. There was probably a more straghtforward way with docker-compose exec, but this got me what I needed.

2 Likes

Can you share which version of Sentry are you using?

hi BYK,

Iā€™m using Sentry version 9.1.1

@troy.vo - unfortunately this version of Sentry has some known (and fixed!) issue with the backup/restore functionality. So looks like your best bet is following @adrumā€™s advice above.

so, which Sentry version that we could use this backup/restore function? https://develop.sentry.dev/self-hosted/backup/

Regards,

I recommend using the latest version. The fixes were out in 21.03 I think but if you can upgrade to that, you can upgrade to the latest (21.04 or 21.05 which should be released today)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.