Not seeing Pagerduty integrations in 9.1.2

Hello,
I am upgrading our on-prem sentry install from 9.0.0 to 9.1.2 and after the update I don’t see the PagerDuty Integration, in either the organization or project settings.

I have followed the steps here: https://develop.sentry.dev/integrations/pagerduty/
but I think it might be for a later version of Sentry.

Any tips?
Thanks,
-robbie

Please tell me you are planning to continue upgrading, yes? 9.1.2 is ancient! :sweat_smile:

I know the plugin/integrations infrastructure has evolved over the years. If you continue to a more recent version does PagerDuty show up again? Can you re-add it?

Hi Chad, thank you for responding so quickly. It’s great to feel heard when going through head scratching config issues, and I really appreciate this forum and the help you all provide.

Sentry 9.1.2 is just over 2 years since it was released, so I don’t know if I would call that ancient. And as David says:

In the next major version of Sentry, we’re requiring Snuba, which unfortunately means we’re also going to require Kafka, Zookeeper, and a number of other very large infrastructure changes. We know this will be painful for anyone self-hosting Sentry, and, while we hope to provide a reasonable migration path, it’s always a good time to reflect on the value of self-hosted Sentry versus letting us operate it securely in the cloud for you.

These infrastructure changes have kept us on 9. Your suggestion to ‘continue to a more recent version’ makes sense but is nontrivial and probably overkill to fix what might be a config issue.

I was wondering if there is a setting that is missing from the setup.conf.py or config.yml, or if pagerduty was removed in updates between 9.0.0 and 9.1.2 ?

Thank you again,
-robbie

@robbie - it is right here on v9.1.2: sentry-plugins/src/sentry_plugins/pagerduty at 9.1.2 · getsentry/sentry-plugins · GitHub

Not aware of any config changes needed to keep it up. But @chadwhitacre has a good point. 2 years, especially at our pace, is a very long time. Newer Sentry versions have important security fixes along with many new features and integrations. For one you won’t be able to use Slack and GitHub integrations unless you upgrade as the older versions of their APIs got deprecated.

Thank you for your responses. After checking the logs (:grimacing:) I found that the plugin failed to load because of an invalid dependency in the requirements.txt. I should have checked there earlier.
-robbie

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.