Sentry with React Native and multiple platforms

I’ve used Sentry for a React Native iOS app successfully and now expanding the app to Android.
I’ve been thinking about the best possible strategy with Sentry: should I create separate projects for respective platforms? Or just differentiate source maps and code by creating multiple release-ids per platform in a single project?

Both have their benefits, but I’m curious if someone would’ve decided one way or another.

We’re still internally thinking about how to better deal with this but for now you are probably better off using separate projects.

I was leaning to that direction as well, but good to have second opinion. Thanks!

Any official update on this?

@mitsuhiko

Hello, is there any update on this topic? What’s the best way to support backend frontend ios and android on same account?

A separate project per service is the recommended way to go.

I actually don’t find the project per platform approach great as at least in our case majority of errors are coming from the shared JavaScript part. If we’d use 2 projects we would get one JS error reported as 2 unrelated issues in each of the project or am I wrong? We just use single project and same release names for both platforms and it works quite well for us. The only problem is the release overview is shared across both platforms too so we can’t see what’s the crash rate per platform which makes the release dashboard partially useless. We monitor the crash rate on the Google Play / App Store anyway.

Hey, we just faced this issue as well. What about splitting iOS and Android into two environments of the same app? That way, we can aggregate whenever we want, or split whenever we want.

We’d have:
“staging-ios”
“staging-android”
“production-ios”
“production-android”

Do you think it’s a good idea?