A Few iOS SDK Questions

Hi!

1. I’m seeing tons of “redacted” tags in my dashboard. Is this due to missing dsyms?

2. After I upload missing dsyms, is there anyway to reprocess previous crash reports to make them more useful?

3. Identical crashes aren’t being combined in my dash. Is this due, again, to missing dsyms?

Thanks very much!
justin

Hey Justin!

1. Yes, this happens most probably due missing symbol files.

2. Actually yes, if you browse to your project settings and active reprocessing errors with missing symbol files will be reprocessed when the symbol files are uploaded. If you just recently created your account/project this should already be enabled.
    https://sentry.io/org/project/settings/processing-issues/

3. We combine similar crashes to reduce the clutter this happens regardless if you upload the symbol files or not.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

-Daniel

Thanks a lot for the quick response, Daniel!

1. Good to know! The “redacted” is gone from the new errors (after I uploaded dsyms), so all good here.

2. It was off, but I just turned it on. Still seeing “redacted” on all the old crash reports. Do I need to re-upload all the new dsyms to get the reprocessing to trigger?

3. The problem is actually that identical issues aren’t being combined. I’m not too worried about this one. I’ll complain later if it turns into a problem.

Thanks!
justin

Sadly the reprocessing isn’t reactive due to technical limitations.
But all error with missing symbols from now on should be safe.

Oh sry, miss read that.
Could you send me a private message with a link to your project so I can take a quick look why they are not combined?