Sentry v10 BETA - Now available!

new error, after migration from 9.1.2

| 172.18.0.1 - - [11/Dec/2019:08:02:26 +0000] "GET /auth/login/ HTTP/1.1" 302 611 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0"
web_1                   | Traceback (most recent call last):
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 149, in get_response
web_1                   |     response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e, request)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 147, in get_response
web_1                   |     response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py", line 68, in view
web_1                   |     return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/csrf.py", line 58, in wrapped_view
web_1                   |     return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/web/frontend/base.py", line 227, in dispatch
web_1                   |     return self.handle(request, *args, **kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py", line 57, in _wrapped_view_func
web_1                   |     response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py", line 184, in inner
web_1                   |     return func(*args, **kwargs)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/web/frontend/auth_organization_login.py", line 72, in handle
web_1                   |     response = self.handle_sso(request, organization, auth_provider)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/web/frontend/auth_organization_login.py", line 35, in handle_sso
web_1                   |     provider = auth_provider.get_provider()
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/models/authprovider.py", line 51, in get_provider
web_1                   |     return manager.get(self.provider, **self.config)
web_1                   |   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sentry/auth/manager.py", line 23, in get
web_1                   |     raise ProviderNotRegistered(key)
web_1                   | ProviderNotRegistered: gitlab
web_1                   | 08:02:27 [ERROR] django.request: Internal Server Error: /auth/login

ProviderNotRegistered: gitlab
But I can’t login to system to register this provider.
It can’t be install by PIP to.

Any suggestions?

I think what you need to do is modify the sentry/requirements.txt file to have the gitlab plugin, run docker-compose build web && docker-compose build and restart.

I tried, but it looks like gitlab plugin is build inside sentry 10
And version available on pip is not compatible

@DeyV - oh wait, have you migrated your old sentry.conf.py to the new setup?

No - fresh files, only Db is from 9.12

@BYK Is there any planned release date for official v10 of Sentry on-premise? I am a little bit confused about the existence of this date. Thanks!

Yes, there is! We were planning to get it out by December 25th but decided to do it in early second week of January for more visibility as releasing something during the holiday period didn’t make much sense.

In the meantime, I’ve identified a few issues related to alerts and Slack integration so it may slip a few more weeks if we cannot resolve them in time. Alerts are critical but we may decide to move forward with the known Slack issues by documenting them and working to fix them in a patch release afterward.

Thanks a lot for your interest and please let us know if you experience any issues with the beta in the meantime.

Sorry for the late response, somehow I missed your message. Would you mind creating a new topic or filing an issue at GitHub - getsentry/self-hosted: Sentry, feature-complete and packaged up for low-volume deployments and proofs-of-concept with more details around your setup (sharing config files would be great if possible).

@BYK Thank you so much for response! I am waiting the official and stable release of v10, in order to execute all process inside company (where I work) to upgrade Sentry.
We are so happy waiting this great upgrade!

1 Like

Anyone who was having issues with email notifications or any kind of other notifications such as Slack: we have merged a new fix which should address these issues.

Your feedback is invaluable, please keep it coming!