No notifications nor email confirmation messages are sent

I seem to have successfully configured the mailserver settings in the config.yml, using my own smtp server.

When I check in /manage/status/mail/ and send myself a test message, I receive a message almost instantly.

The settings:

###############
# Mail Server #
###############

mail.backend: 'smtp'  # Use dummy if you want to disable email entirely
mail.host: 'my.mail.server'
# mail.port: 25
# mail.username: ''
# mail.password: ''
# mail.use-tls: true
# The email address to send on behalf of
mail.from: 'my@address.tld'

# If you'd like to configure email replies, enable this.
# mail.enable-replies: false

# When email-replies are enabled, this value is used in the Reply-To header
# mail.reply-hostname: ''

# If you're using mailgun for inbound mail, set your API key and configure a
# route to forward to /api/hooks/mailgun/inbound/
# mail.mailgun-api-key: ''

However, when I choose to send myself an email-confirmation message (from account/settings/), I do not receive a message, and I also do not receive any notifications.

The UI states that the message has been sent successfully. Is there any log I can look into, to see if thereā€™s any trouble?

Iā€™m running Sentry 8.17.0 on Docker.

After installing a new Sentry instance, as instructed on https://github.com/getsentry/onpremise using the default mail-server (tianon/exim4) as well as my own smtp-server, both the test message and the actual email confirmation message do arrive.

Most likely web and rest of the sentry uses slightly different config, you have to run ā€œdocker-compose buildā€ every single time you change something, otherwise you will end up with old configs.
@Robert_CS

Hi~I have the same problem as you, how solve this ?

can you give me your config?

Hi @wawa, currently Iā€™m not using Docker compose anymore, but just the Docker image from docker hub: https://hub.docker.com/_/sentry/

The one gotcha in there is that the parameter for specifying the mail server needs to be passed to all Sentry instances, so also the worker processes.

A full install (minus drive mappings) using a batch file would be:

SET sentryimagetoinstall=sentry
SET mailserver=my.mail.server
SET sentryserveremail=sentry@mycompany.ext

docker run -d --name sentry-redis ^
    -v sentry-redis-data:/data ^
    redis

docker run -d --name sentry-postgres ^
    -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=secret ^
    -e POSTGRES_USER=sentry ^
    postgres

docker run    --name sentry-upgrade -it --rm -e SENTRY_SECRET_KEY='mysecret' --link sentry-postgres:postgres --link sentry-redis:redis ^
    %sentryimagetoinstall% upgrade

docker run -d --name sentry                  -e SENTRY_SECRET_KEY='mysecret' --link sentry-postgres:postgres --link sentry-redis:redis ^
    -e SENTRY_EMAIL_HOST=%mailserver% ^
    -e SENTRY_SERVER_EMAIL=%sentryserveremail% ^
    %sentryimagetoinstall%

docker run -d --name sentry-cron             -e SENTRY_SECRET_KEY='mysecret' --link sentry-postgres:postgres --link sentry-redis:redis ^
    %sentryimagetoinstall% run cron

docker run -d --name sentry-worker-1         -e SENTRY_SECRET_KEY='mysecret' --link sentry-postgres:postgres --link sentry-redis:redis ^
    %sentryimagetoinstall% run worker

docker run -d --name sentry-worker-2         -e SENTRY_SECRET_KEY='mysecret' --link sentry-postgres:postgres --link sentry-redis:redis ^
    %sentryimagetoinstall% run worker
1 Like